Green Restaurants Alliance Sacramento
GRAS in the community - getting involved
Help grow the GRAS
•Managed Waste Team
GRAS restaurants have agreed to develop a 'Managed-Waste Program,' a program customized for each restaurant that directs waste (cork, composting, recycleables, reusables, garbage) into the proper place most efficiently and accurately - in the aim to reduce the amount of garbage going into the landfill.
- Audit restaurant recycling (taking pictures and notes)
- Determine recycleability of certain items (work with Recycling expert)
- customize 'waste bible' info sheet for each restaurant
- customize and place waste signage for each restaurant (work with restaurants)
- analyze and consult on proper placement of bins
- develop training program with restaurant manager
- consult on the necessary size and pick-up of dumpsters
This is a process we hope to streamline to be able to accomodate new restaurants as we go. Please contact us immediately if interested.
Earth Tub Team
We are looking for this team to help manage an Earth Tub Composter in Midtown Sacramento. Duties: Regular maintainence and monitoring of the Earth
In Our Community
GRAS tries to participate and promote community events that encourage sustainable food practices and composting.
Theodore Judah Elementary
Earth Day GW
Carver - Green Jobs Day CSUS
Sacramento Sustainability Forum - June 17, 2010
Soil Born 'Day at the Farm'
Food Day Info-Garden with XYZ Sunday Farmers Market (with Slow Food Sacramento) Food Day - CSUS
Intl' Compost Awareness Week - Sacramento (with City of Sacramento, Hot Italian, Atlas Disposal)
Mayor's Proclamation - Compost Awareness Week (with City of Sacramento, Hot Italian, Atlas Disposal)
Soil Born 'Equinox'
Fremont Community Garden Harvest Party
California Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Sustainability Forum